Sci-Fi Fantasy, Toy and Product Illustrator. All art work and text is copyrighted John Zeleznik, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner, it is illegal to publish or print any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.

September 20, 2010

Thundercloud Galaxy™ cover art in progress:Turning forms


(Ignore the color shift in the middle image. Must have been the time of day I took the pic). With all major elements blocked in, I slowly start turning forms. I still use the acrylic very watery in some area, but I am mostly mixing semi-opaque colors and work back over the initial washes (and adding a few details) to the main figure and creatures. Not happy with the stiff pose of the 2nd background character, I leave him and his surrounding unfinished for now.

No comments: